I should probably clarify that although these posts are labeled “Day 3,” or “Day 5,” or whatever, I didn't actually make my wedding dress in 7 days. Good grief. This thing took freaking months. For starters, I had to make the pattern (in retrospect, a very bad idea–don't do this!!). That alone took up most of February and March. I started the silk dress at the beginning of June and finished it on July 5th. We got married (yeah!) on the 6th. I swore up and down that I didn't want to be sewing the dress the night before my wedding, but all I did was put on a few buttons. The rest had been done for a week.
Also, I more or less gave up on posting (sadly) around the beginning of June. As it turned out, I had to do other things for the wedding besides work on the dress like . . . hire a florist (oops!–I was a bit late on that one) and figure out table settings.
So, I'm totally cheating and back-posting about the dress because I'd like some record of how it went (including my various reminiscences of “at this point I woke up and found a blood stain on the front of the dress” or “at this point I considered throwing it out our second story window”). Luckily, I did take a few pictures although (weirdly) none of the dress when it was actually finished! I'm an idiot. Fortunately, we have a few from the wedding that friends took and (eventually) I'm sure we'll have some from the photographers.
Okay, interlude over. Wedding dress posting will resume shortly.