I wanted to make a bag for our lovely friend J (from Germany), who recently came to visit. Since the Smyca practice bag came out pretty well, I decided to use that pattern with the Echino fabric in cream. I trimmed the pattern a bit, though–the practice bag was a little too long, and I wanted to shorten it up. I also used interfacing this time, since this is a “real” bag, to give it some oomph. It came out pretty well. I think if I make another one (and I probably will), I’d make the bag even shorter still, and widen it a bit.
The finished bag–it is about 11″ high, 14″ wide, and 2″ deep. Doesn’t look nearly that big, though.